Augmented Reality cARds
Business cards haven't changed in years, but cARd can change this! Inspired by the rise of augmented reality applications, we see potential for creative networking. Next time you meet someone at a conference, a career fair, etc., simply scan their business card with your phone and watch their entire online portfolio enter the world! The business card will be saved, and the experience will be unforgettable.
What it does
cARd is an iOS application that allows a user to scan any business card to bring augmented reality content into the world. Using OpenCV for image rectification and OCR (optical character recognition) with the Google Vision API, we can extract both the business card and text on it. Feeding the extracted image back to the iOS app, ARKit can effectively track our "target" image. Furthermore, we use the OCR result to grab information about the business card owner real-time! Using selelium, we effectively gather information from Google and LinkedIn about the individual. When returned to the iOS app, the user is presented with information populated around the business card with augmented reality!
How I built it
Some of the core technologies that go into this project include the following:
- ARKit for augmented reality in iOS
- Flask for the backend server
- selenium for collecting data about the business card owner on the web in real-time
- OpenCV to find the rectangular business card in the image and use a homography to map it into a rectangle for AR tracking
- Google Vision API for optical character recognition (OCR)
- Text to speech ## Challenges I ran into
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
What I learned
What's next for cARd
Get cARd on the app store for everyone to use! Stay organized and have fun while networking!