What's the story behind Campus Confidential?
Campus sexual assault is largely due to students misunderstanding consent and not being held accountable by their peers. Bystanders want to intervene but have a difficult time recognizing appropriate moments and tactics. Students fear social ramifications of intervening. Campuses need local statistics in order to improve prevention.
What is Campus Confidential?
- A platform to discuss campus attitudes and incidents of violence and consent.
- Responsive app that runs on web and mobile.
- The conversations gradually change campus culture surrounding consent and bystander intervention.
- Collects data not only on sexual assault but also related behavior that can be used to target prevention.
- Discussion is moderated by campus advocacy groups.
- Students return to the site because they want to see what others are saying about them and their community.