Isn't it frustrating browsing for information on COVID-19 only to find the information is either inaccurate or hard to understand? Don't you wish you could quickly contact a professional to conduct a fact check? That's what Caduceus is for. We aim to deliver information about COVID-19 clearly and concisely then allow people to connect to professionals if they have questions!
What it does
Caduceus is an all-in-one website where you can find all the basic information about Covid-19 as well as access to a doctor if you need it!
How we built it
- Vader Sentiment Analysis of NLTK library
- Machine Learning
Challenges we ran into
- We had a few issues using GitHub desktop.
- We ran into trouble with collaboration as many of us were in drastically different time zones. Eventually, we saw this as an advantage as we were able to work 24 hours around the clock. It was also amazing to collaborate with people from different countries.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
We are proud of how much we accomplished during this time frame. We're learned new technologies and working well together as a team!
What we learned
- Socket.io chatroom
- Github desktop
What's next for Caduceus
- We can use questions to evaluate the competency of the doctor rather than taking their word for it if they say "yes"
- We could distribute the doctor-to-patient ratio to maybe around 1:3 instead of 1:1 for more efficiency.
- Use this link (https://discord.com/oauth2/authorize?client_id=858384575113199638&permissions=2148001856&scope=bot) to try to add the bot to your Discord guild. (The bot is not currently always running on a server - coming soon!)
- Watch the video in 480p or higher video quality on YouTube for better results.