India is about to enter Phase - III of the COVID-19 Outbreak with Maharashtra having the highest number of cases so far. To curb the effects and to reduce the burden on the medical facilities we have created a Telegram Bot : C-AWARE for the Nation.
What it does
The features of the bot are:
- Self Diagnosis to check users and predict possible infection to reduce burden on hospitals and medical staff.
- Location based official helpline numbers and contacts accessible from any State.
- Latest News from verified sources about coronavirus to make everyone aware without creating panic.
- Cases, Deaths, Recoveries of 5 Worst Hit and Least Hit countries around the world that change dynamically as new cases are reported from data published by the World Health Organization (WHO).
- India Stats about COVID-19 that report the total cases, deaths, recoveries live happening in India from the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- Hospital capacities including number of rural and urban hospitals and the number of beds in them based on location of the user so that people can estimate the medical capability of the Nation.
How we built it
12 hour a day coding for 3 days straight.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
It runs! Besides the data provided dynamically updates and is consistent with the official data released by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW), Government of India.
What we learned
How to make bots on Telegram and how not to give up!
What's next for C-AWARE
The bot is currently up and running on Telegram as @CoronavirusAwarenessBot You can visit it here - https://telegram.me/CoronavirusAwarenessBot
We would like to provide this for India free of cost because we believe that at this stage of the coronavirus outbreak it is of utmost importance that maximum people are aware about the seriousness of the virus.Looking for support from any organization to make C-AWARE reach out to wider audiences around India and the World.