- Increasing regular customers is the most important thing for restaurants.
- One way to increase customers is by offering them a good purchase experience. When people buy something from an online shop, oftentimes they want to
- Choose one from recommendations by the shop
- Hear more stories, messages, and updates from the shop to decide what to buy
- Our idea came up when I thought "What if customers can see a restaurant board on a shop website?"
What it does
- A virtual bulletin board on Square web site which helps customers know about the shop and select an item with ease
How we built it
Frontend(Web Console UI)
- Web Console for shop owners
- Build on React and AWS Amplify. Basically SPA handles interactions with the backend
- Handles accessing Square API and storing some data in DB to generate contents to show on the board
- Snippets requests a generated content from the backend
Challenges we ran into
- Managing OAuth using Square API was rather complicated.
- API and SDK behave differently. For example, Catalog API returns e-commerce site URL whereas from SDK it does not return that data.
- Schedule. I found this hackathon 2 weeks ago and I had a very short time to build everything.
Accomplishments that we are proud of
- Building a web service from scratch using Square API
What we learned
- Scheduling is very important
What's next for Bulletin Snippet
- Support more content on Bulletin
- Improve Web Console + Bulletin UI