The potential to make a new music instrument that would appeal to beginners and engage experts.
What it does
How I built it
Challenges I ran into
Getting the web audio API to function properly with the probability matrices we came up with after analysing jazz improvisation. Striking the balance between creative decisions and coming up with compelling procedural methods was an interesting problem to solve.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
We are proud of the hard-work and ingenuity we put into the project. The mathematical and programmatically solutions we came up with were kind of surprising.
What I learned
We learned a lot about music theory, web development and the infinite depth each field of human endeavour contains.
What's next for Bulbul
We will continue to develop this project by coming up with more sophisticated ways of generating music, more interesting user interfaces and better ways of synthesising the actual sounds of the project. We are extremely proud of what we accomplished here at YHack, and look forward to innovating in the future.
Log in or sign up for Devpost to join the conversation.