There are a lot of great budgeting apps out there, but none of them give you the information you need, when and where you need it.
What BudgetWise Does
BudgetWise helps you stay on top of your finances by giving you timely updates in the places where you spend money. All you have to do is tell the app the name of the business, how much you'd like to spend, and BudgetWise will remind you how much you have left every time you go there. So let's say you're a coffee junkie, but would like to keep your coffee expenses to $40 bucks a week. Just tell BudgetWise what your favorite coffee joints are (Starbucks, Caribou, Nina's Coffee World, etc.), and every time you go to one, you'll get a notification reminding you how much have left to spend.
Our core goal is to make budgeting easier for people, here's what we've done to make that possible:
- Your budget, when you need it: Being able to see how much you've spent in a week or month is great, but we think knowing how much room you have in your budget -- before you make a spending decision -- is even better. So we made an app that does just that.
- Super Intuitive UI: Because Alohar gives us the actual name of the place/business you're visiting, you don't have to bother with maps, pins, addresses, or lat/long coordinates. Just tell BudgetWise where you'd like to recieve a reminder, and you're good to go.
- Easy to Understand Visualizations: BudgetWise gives you a wealth of information -- in the form of some pretty sweet charts (check out the gallery!) -- about your spending habits. It allows you to see when, where, and how you're spending your money.
What we're working on
- Smartwatch App: We think this idea is pretty well suited for the smartwatch platform, so we're developing a companion smartwatch app to deliver reminders right on your wrist.
- Banking Integration: For the beta version of BudgetWise, you have to mannually enter how much you've spent (the app will remind you to update). We're looking into integrating banking services so that BudgetWise can automatically update your budget for you.