BudgeMe Budget Planner
BudgeMe is a budget planner that provides a breakdown of your spending through percentages based on a total budget for a given certain time period. It visualizes these percentages of your budget through use of a pie chart. It then gives you an analysis of your percentage of spending by reporting your percentage spent on each category and how of your budget you have left.
What it does
- Allows for the user to modify the time period that the budget spans
- Interactive user interface allows for input of spending for time period
- Updates budget remaining as user inputs money spent
- Displays a pie chart based on user data
- Writes an analysis of your spending habits
How we built it
Every adult needs some way to budget their money, especially college students. We thought that since budgeting is such an important step in an adult's life, we would be the ones to allow them to do so.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
Due to this being our first hackathon, we were proud to produce a working project. We had to learn each step, even the smallest ones, through trial and error.
What's next for BudgeMe
We hope to allow for users in our website by using databases or local csv files. This will allow for information to save. We also plan to allow for different types of currencies to make BudgeMe more accessible to the general public.