It is undeniable that virtual classrooms and meetings are becoming more prevalent and will continue beyond the pandemic. We found that many video-conferencing and webinar platforms lacked the ability to collect questions from the audience efficiently and in an engaging way. Our goal with Bubl Board is to create a space where audience members can interact with one another in a visually stimulating way and allow presenters to easily answer audience questions. We hope to re-create the vivacity and excitement of live discussions while eliminating stressors and barriers presenters and audience members might face when answering or asking questions.
What it does
Bubl Board is a simple and intuitive web application which allows audience members to post questions anonymously on to a shared digital canvas. Our platform sorts and prioritizes questions based on relevance and popularity allowing presenters to respond to questions with just a glance.
How we built it
Challenges we ran into
- Translating our design into code
- Creating a product which was unique but also inclusive/ accessible
- communication over digital platforms
- merging code written on MacOS and Windows
- Git merge conflicts due to poor communication.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Creating a fully functioning web app!
- Successfully implemented ML
- Designed a product that we think can genuinely help others
What we learned
- Learned how to add complex animations with css.
- Rapid prototyping with bootstrap.
- Learned the peculiarities of Java script (ES6 and commonJS incompatibilities).
- How to run a machine learning python script in a node.js server.
What's next for Bubl Board
- With more time we would hope to add more accessibility features such as speech to text functionality
- Settings where with the option to change the language, colour theme, and duration.