Inspiration

After putting two random words together, we came to a definitive agreement on the premise of our project.

What it does

This is simple whack-a-mole based game where roses and dandelions appear on a field of dirt. The goal is to smash to the roses with a brick.

How we built it

We built the game using the Godot game engine and their GDScript language. We decided to host the game on a website using firebase.

Challenges we ran into

We encountered many challenges throughout the process. We had to weave our way around a software and language outside of our comfort zone. Although we still maintain a few problems such as support for a web browser other than Google Chrome, most of our issues were resolved through the long sleepless night.

Accomplishments that we're proud of

We are very pleased to have created eight different levels and an endless game mode, and we are very pleased to have worked through as many bugs as we did.

What we learned

We learned a great deal about Godot software and their native language as well hosting the game on firebase.

What's next for Brick the Plant

If we find the time we would like to add new features such as power ups, and new game modes. We would also love to add cross platform support for more browsers.

Built With

Share this project:
×

Updates