Breezy is a one-stop solution for all your mental health queries. Just log in and take our quiz. It not only tells you if you’re suffering from a disease but also recommends tasks based on the severity of your condition. Our algorithm makes the quiz unique for every user. This works on the basis of the users previous logged answer. The first five questions are common for every user and based on the user’s answer to these, other questions are asked from the user to precisely detect the mental illness. This helps to understand all the symptoms of the user and delivers better outputs.
Get your personal recommendations of daily tasks based on your prognosis and track your progress in a graphical manner. A formula calculates the score of the user based on his information. The formula takes age, gender, sleep, hydration, mood and illness as parameters and calculates the score. Based on this score, the higher the number, high-level tasks are recommended such as music, exercises and meditation. Got a symptom and not sure what it is? Ask BreezyBot. It responds to a plethora of symptoms and has small talk support built-in.
We at Breeze, provide simple measures to mitigate the problem if the severity is low. If we detect high severity, we advise the users to not self-medicate and seek help from a professional psychiatrist or psychologist.
What it does
Our algorithm makes the questionnaire unique for every user. This works on the basis of the users previous logged answer. The first five questions are common for every user and based on the user’s answer to these, other questions are asked from the user to precisely detect the mental illness.
- Take up the quiz after logging in to get your prognosis done.
- Track your day-to-day progress graphically.
- Take the quiz again whenever you want.
- Get daily task recommendations based on your prognosis. Complete them and gain credits.
- Have symptom-related queries? BreezyBot got you covered.
How we built it
- Android Studio
- JSON & SQLite
- Da Vinci resolve
Challenges we ran into
- Integrating the ChatBot was the first time we tried, hence faced some difficulty there.
- Making the algorithm in Java. This was the major step and one of the important thing of our application since this is the one that determines the rest of the project and makes it unique from other projects.
- Going through numerous research papers to understand each of the disease and the parameters affecting them like age, gender, etc and figuring out trends.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Making an end-to-end chatbot with small talk support while working with DialogFlow was a major accomplishment for us.
- Our algorithm is different from another online quiz for determining the illness. This algorithm unlocks further questions based on the answer to the first five questions. The first five questions then lead to different decision trees for making further questions. Every user will have a different amount of questions.
- Smart Formula to recommend tasks. This formula is developed after researching through papers and contacting psychologists. It calculates a total score based on user parameters and the higher the score is the more high-level tasks are recommended by the application.
- Making the logo and UI was time taking but it was worth it.
What we learned
- Mental health is a very wide domain and has to be given importance along with physical health.
- Using technology to deal with mental health should be done in a non-intrusive way just to mitigate low severity symptoms. Breezy in no way tends to replace professional medical help.
- Converting the raw data into a visualization for the user was something new we learned.
What's next for Breezy
- Doctor recommendation/appointment support
- Notifications and Medicine alerts
- Points Usage
- Pose correction bot for Yoga
- Add Voice assistant to our BreezyBot
- Detection and support of more mentally related diseases
- Text-to-Speech reply in chatbot