Traditional means of shipping can be expensive, inefficient, and stressful. For example, one of the struggles we have to deal with is constantly worrying about the size and weight of our packages. In fact, as our society advances, this issue becomes even more prominent, which is why we developed this idea of a more effective means of package delivery.
What it does
Our web app connects people who want to send packages with drivers already en route to package destination. This way, drivers do not have to deviate much from their original destination, creating a more effective means of transportation. A user sends a request, and a driver picks up the package. The driver can then proceed in his or her original direction and simply drop off the package at its destination, with the benefit of earning additional income.
How we built it
Challenges we ran into
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Working with various API's for the first time
- Developing a sophisticated and professional front end interface for our web app
- Finishing the main functionality of our app within the allotted time
What we learned
- We learned how to effectively use data from API's in our programs
- We learned how to Bootstrap to develop a front-end interface for our web app
- We learned to use Pubnub services to seamlessly communicate across devices
This was kind of our first time doing all this.
What's next for Box Drop
- Our end goal is to employ a fully-functional app that will be a popular startup. As of our next development of Box Drop, we want to be able to generate tickets, indicating that there are more than 1 request to deliver packages for a driver.