Problem: Students want stuff. Students cannot afford new stuff and are increasingly growing concern about their carbon footprint.
Solution: Create a convenient and accountable way for students to borrow and lend belongings with others in the community.
What it does
- Connect with trusted friends and groups.
- Log who you lend to and borrow from.
- Earn trophies and compensation for being a sustainable community member!
How we built it
The app borrowR was built using Amazon Web Services for the back-end and Quasar and Apache Cordova for the front-end.
Challenges we ran into
- Originally, we wanted to create a bike-sharing app, however this would require GPS tracking on the bikes or lots of peer-to-peer trust.
- AWS requires tedious button-clicking and can be laggy.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
We created an app in 24 hours and it looks good 8-)
What we learned
Sleep matters. Lack of sleep may lead to foolish mistakes!
What's next for borrowR
borrowR will be available on the Android App Store by the end of the weekend and will continue to be improved.