Trading of NFTs have evolved rapidly ever since the popularity of marketplaces such as opensea and rarible skyrocketed.
As Aurora and NEAR ecosystem expands, the demand for a richly featured marketplace to create, buy, sell and analyze NFTs is increasing everyday.
What it does
Borealis NFT marketplace facilitates the creating, buying and selling of NFTs in an automated environment.
- Create a collection of NFTs straight from Borealis Collection Factory.
- Mint unlimited NFTs under your collections.
- Put up your newly created NFTs for sale, with either a Fixed or Auction sales type.
- Check out the marketplace where other users list their NFTs for sale.
- Purchase or bid on NFTs that you like.
- Original creators receive customizable royalties from every sale and resale of their NFTs.
How we built it
We leveraged Nextjs + React frontend capabilities and compiled our solidity contracts with hardhat.
Challenges we ran into
We had to limit and remove plenty of our initially planned features in order to meet the time frame for the hackathon.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
Unlike traditional marketplace, Borealis allows users to auction their NFTs and complete its sales automagically when it ends. This puts another strategy in the hands of NFT creators and traders to maximise their creation values.
What we learned
We learned how to work with NEAR + Aurora technology to build incredible products.
What's next for Borealis
- Partnerships with artists
- Speeding up NFT uploads and retrieval
- Automated verification process of collections and NFTs
- Analysis such as historical sales prices, bidding
- Crosschain capablilities