Tracking cognitive decline based on speech patterns and complexity. Recording and transcribing of audio to leave a legacy to future generations.
How it works
A connected device with an architecture of APIs that enable text to speech and speech to text processing; whereby enabling a dialog between a human and an artificial intelligence (AI); wherein said AI analyzes the semantic structure and lexical quality of the human’s dialog. Said AI may recognize linguistic patterns suggestive of cognitive dysfunction, such as dementia or Alzheimer’s disease, and alert the need for further medical evaluation.
Challenges I ran into
- New API services used for creating the prototype
- 3D printer rush services challenging to source.
- No similar service or product available in the market now. We can't learn from the best practice but have to build a brand new product, service and business model.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
- We built an awesome team! The team has diversified backgrounds and is passionate about this product.
- By using Watson technology, we figured out an innovative solution for an unsolved problem: No diagnostic test for dementia.
- We found that Watson is very relevant for solving this health issue, which costs $600B globally.
- Hardware prototype and software are ready to demo for the pitch.
What I learned
- Be flexible
- Learned new code language, node
- Get more help by asking around. People are willing to help.
- Better understanding of how IBM Watson works. It's amazing that IBM Watson is so powerful that it solves challenges in different industry.
What's next for Heirloom Post
- Improve the prototype and test it with focus group to understand the customers better
- Launch Kickstarter
- Partner with Clinic server provider
- Forge strategic relationships with health providers