We were inspired by the use cases the API has to offer & after a thorough team discussion we came up with the idea of an application-based bug searching interface as it perfectly exhibits the easy-to-use nature of the API.

What it does

Our project presents a better way to visualize the raw data provided by the metabob API. Our application interface provides the user with an easily understandable GUI that helps them to retrieve data (repo id & name) from the API by just using the error name.

How we built it

We built it using Python. We created a desktop application that is python based and uses the data from metabob API. We are proud of our desktop client that used our self-created dataset of error names that can be used to find the repository related to that particular error.

Challenges we ran into

We ran into issues with our first project idea that was completely web-based and had a complete web page interface. Due to designing and performance issues, we decided to give our project a dedicated desktop application client which turned out to be a more performant and efficient way to do the same task.

Accomplishments that we're proud of

We are proud of our team that persevered through all of the challenges that came our way. We are proud of the project that we created utilizing the API. And we are proud that we learned so much during such a brief period.

What we learned

We learned that working in a team helps a lot and that communication is key. We also learned that if you are keen enough nothing is impossible to achieve. We learned about new technologies and API integration.

What's next for BobSearcher

Our desktop client can be easily integrated with other APIs to retrieve data. We aim to improve and iterate on our project.

Built With

Share this project: