In today's reality employees are making more and more business expenses through their own credit cards and gets their money back in their next salary. This is bad for the employer:
- He cannot analyze and track his expenses (statistics/ purchase sectors etc)
- He can lose the receipts and not report the expenses as "business expenses" (He cannot write it as a business expense)
And for the employee:
- He is spending money from his credit card and can easily reach its limit
What it does
Bizflow is a B2B platform for the CFO that will allow him to manage the business expenses that are coming from the employees, from events to IT Supplies etc.
How we built it
- Ionic framework: To have the ability to compile effortlessly the platform into a mobile app (iOS and Android)
- Backend with Python + CherryPy (Infrastructure that can be easily refactored to a service based system)
- MongoDB: as our database
Challenges we ran into
- Building a mini SDK that will allow easy access to Rapyd Api
- Onboarding a "Company" (a lot of data is required)
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Building a mini SDK
- Complete flow (from Dashboard to Chatbot to SMS)
What we learned
- Business impact strategy to create the most effective features
- That I gotta work on my presentation and editing skills (ASAP)
What's next for Bizflow
- Do a feedback loop with companies to target for product market fit (or pivot) [Already started to test my product before coding it]
- Find companies that believes in this product to join as strategic partner to test and help the platform succeed
- Deal with Security & Compliance
- Hopefully collaborate with Rapyd.
- Create a proper business plan (Sales strategy, expenses, growth methods).
- Raise funds from VC or Angel investors to keep working on the project
- Building a team from sales to engineering.