Always tired of making mixed drinks at your parties? Looked into those fancy automated bartenders and realized you'll have to give up a term of classes to afford it? Don't worry, the The Bit Mixer 3000 is here.
What it does
A modular design allowing you to swap out bottles of your favorite mixers allows you to make sure your party lasts all night long! The The Bit Mixer 3000 App automatically gives you recommendations on the best drinks to make from you selection of drinks, even allowing you to remotely pour your favorite drinks!
How we built it
Using a Raspberry Pi with a custom built circuit
Challenges we ran into
- Integrating the solenoids to the design and making then work simultaneously
- Working with Android Studio for the first time
- Using GPIO pins on a Raspberry Pi to control the solenoids through a relay for the first time
- Water leaking and potentionally making it not functional 20 minutes before demo.
- Troubleshooting the circuit/electronics since we blew out a few components.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
What we learned
What's next for Bit Mix
- Recreating the mechanical design with more structurally stable materials.
- Better liquid proof the electronics and the seal
- Adding more drink mixes and recipes