"When you have a dream, you've got to grab it and never let go."
While I was exploring Twitter API back in 2020, alternatives solutions to Twitter analytics were launched. I've started working on Birdesk in 2021 after experimenting with Twitter API v2 as I understood how many helpful things can be built.
Birdesk was released in late November '21 and it was a simple scheduling tool for Twitter with few metrics like engagement rate, impressions generated and followers track.
In December '21, based on feedback from the users, I've decided that I should improve and make Birdesk a more stable solution.
What it does
Birdesk has now evolved into a full size Twitter growth solution, designed as a marketing funnel that helps Twitter users to measure, inspire and automate tweets and threads.
Why marketing funnel ?
The way Birdesk was intended to work is the following:
- First you have to measure your tweets performance and understand what works and what doesn't.
- Once first step is cleared, one could inspire from other content creators about same topic and create new content.
- Last step is to schedule tweets or threads and automate retweet, reply or quote.
How we built it
Birdesk is built with Node.js, Angular and Firebase.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
After 7 months, Birdesk was launched on 11th July 2022. Almost 1 month ago.
What we learned
- Reuse components wisely.
- Keep things simple in your solution, easier maintenance and less bugs.
- Get feedback as early as possible.
What's next for Birdesk
Plan is to add new features to Birdesk: media support and auto-DM.