- address the lack of women representation in STEM careers
- encourage girls to explore their STEM interests
What it does
- access to different challenges that expose users to various STEM career paths
- gamification → bingo based webapp to complete 5 challenges in a row, column, or diagonal pattern
- stats & data visualization to acknowledge the STEM gender gap
How we built it
- HTML/CSS/JS (Replit)
Challenges we ran into
- Learning chart.js (data visualization)
- Replit crash :( thank goodness we had a backup
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Collaborating really well together!
- Time zone differences
- Glassmorphism based UI
- fully functional!
What we learned
- that Catherine is a girlboss
What's next for binGIRL
- More game modes: 4 corner bingos, Blackout bingos, Multiplayer mode, Make more clear that it’s nb/trans inclusive
- More challenges and visualizations, Higher difficulty challenges, ranked by difficulty level, Adding specific challenges and visualizations to specific STEM career paths
Log in or sign up for Devpost to join the conversation.