There are so many images taken with any kind of devices including IP cameras and Narrative clips, but none of them are searchable.
What it does
The BigBrother-hood brings the concept of being able to discover content produced by all these monitoring and logging devices.
How I built it
Using PHP scripts for indexing the Evercam.io and the Narrative APIs, then tagging with the Imagga and EyeVision APIs and finally processing the tags, generating tag-clouds and search boxes and visualizing the results in Imagga Norris.
Challenges I ran into
Timeouts and empty responses with some of the APIs.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
- Indexing a lot of data (~1000 cameras and ~5000 narrative frames)
- Tagging using Imagga and Eyeem
- Tag cloud generation using Wordcloud2.js
- Funny homepage design and brand
- Being an all-nighter
What I learned
Using new APIs
What's next for BigBrother-hood
- Continuous indexing
- Notifications subscription
- Deeper linking in the Narrative web app