BigBrother-hood home page with Narrative ("walking cameras") and Evercam ("cameras") tag clouds
Search for 'building' focused cameras
Search for 'window blind' narrative memories
There are so many images taken with any kind of devices including IP cameras and Narrative clips, but none of them are searchable.
What it does
The BigBrother-hood brings the concept of being able to discover content produced by all these monitoring and logging devices.
How I built it
Using PHP scripts for indexing the Evercam.io and the Narrative APIs, then tagging with the Imagga and EyeVision APIs and finally processing the tags, generating tag-clouds and search boxes and visualizing the results in Imagga Norris.
Challenges I ran into
Timeouts and empty responses with some of the APIs.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
- Indexing a lot of data (~1000 cameras and ~5000 narrative frames)
- Tagging using Imagga and Eyeem
- Tag cloud generation using Wordcloud2.js
- Funny homepage design and brand
- Being an all-nighter
What I learned
Using new APIs
What's next for BigBrother-hood
- Continuous indexing
- Notifications subscription
- Deeper linking in the Narrative web app