Big Thanks encourages more residents to do volunteer jobs in their free time.
According to cityofsanmateo.org: In 2015, volunteers in San Mateo contributed over 83 thousand hours of service, saving the local government nearly 2 million dollars. What if we could triple this in the next year and save so much more money?
- I have created a system to provide incentive to residents for volunteering using a credit system
- These credits can be used to earn discounts from local businesses and buy surplus items from the county
- My system has a mobile client + web client, as well as a server-side database
- User can locate volunteer openings using the mobile or web client. They can also see a map of nearby volunteer locations(using Esri map)
- They can also get more details and signup using this client
- Once they are finished volunteering, the organizer will validate the hours and credits for them.
- After they have accumulated enough credits, users can use the credits to buy things such as discounts at local stores, surplus items from the county, etc.