Betrayal at House on the Hill is a cool game
What it does
Not as much as we'd like. What it can do though:
- You can join a multiplayer game.
- You can select your character and gain their stats.
- You can explore the randomly generated haunted house.
- You have an inventory, it just doesn't get items quite yet.
- It's multiplayer but, only one person can move. This is because of us trying to share the house map between clients and Unity didn't like that too much.
How we built it
Unity and a lack of sleep. Distributed up the tasks between us and wrestled with Unity Collab.
Challenges we ran into
Unity Networking and Unity Collab.
Unity Networking didn't like us trying to send data structures from scripts across and no matter what tutorials we followed it didn't seem to do it.
Unity Collab is very fussy about minor changes in scenes. If one person changes something minor and commits, the next person has to pull and it overwrites there work if they've touched the same scene.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
What we learned
A fair bit of Unity stuff.
What's next for Betrayal at House of the Unity Networking and Collab
Getting the multiplayer to work.