BeSafe will alert you when disaster comes
Ask you a few questions to know your situation
Suggest you what to do based on your situation
Connect you with other people nearby so you can help each others
A dashboard to help authorities to keep track of who are safe and who are in danger
The Authorities can hear the victims in real-time
The Authorities can broadcast message to all the people are near the disaster
The Message broadcasted by Authority will be send to everyone.
The time line of announcements the authorities made
- In 1994, the Northridge earthquake caused $75B and killed more than 60 people.
- In 2017, Hurricane Irma caused $50B in damage to Miami and killed 129 people.
- SDG Target 11.5 looks to significantly reduce the number of deaths and the number of people affected and substantially decrease the direct economic losses.
- Disasters often impact communications infrastructure.
What it does
- Disaster early warning.
- Connect people with people and authority with people during a disaster via multiple communication channels.
- Give suggestions to people and city authorities during the disaster.
- Solutions for pre - during - after the disaster.
How we built it
- By talking with Jason and other SDGs experts we all agree that communication during a disaster is a key component to reduce deads and losses. So we sat down and brainstorm about how technology can help.
- After 2 hours the solution comes to light and with years of programming @iphong - a ReactJS developer he quickly built up the frontend.
- @max80713 is the one who creates the most of our chatbot which user will get to talk during the disasters using Messenger APIs.
- @Ngoc Khuat and @Hoàng Tùng Lâm (Linus) with the help of PyTorch experts built up the recommendation systems and the backend in a very short time.
Challenges we ran into
- Figure out how to connect people together during the disaster.
- Making the app accessible for all user.
- Reduce cost and losses by early alert the disasters.
- Connect people so they can help each other during the disaster.
- Give city authorities a way to communicate with people during the disaster.
What we’ve learned
- The damage of disaster on people lives and economic losses.
- The importance of communication during disasters.
- How great teamwork can make a big difference.
What's next for BeSafe
- Expand it to other channels: SMS, Whatsapp, Mesh-Network.. so people can access it anywhere, anytime during the disaster.
- Make the platform be easy to access, even with people in a less developed country.
- Optimize to make the chatbot can respond quickly with millions of people in real time.
- Collecting more data to improve the recommendation engine.
- Using Wit.AI for better conversations.