A situation on the street: You would like to help a needy person and he would like to receive your help. How to facilitate greater trust on the street?
What it does
A client carries a QR code and shows it to a donor. QR code links to our webpage for the client. This includes client's story verified by a trusted NGO and options to directly donate online or by SMS.
How I built it
Prototyped on paper and whiteboard, using Airtable. Used GitLab for the repository. It is a website in Django and html.
Challenges I ran into
- Designing app useful to all the stakeholders: donors, clients and NGOs.
- We wanted to use a template and ended up almost rewriting it from scratch.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
We turned an idea on a whiteboard to a graphically pleasing prototype. We have something tangible to show the NGOs when we ask them for collaboration.
What I learned
Improved our knowledge of Django, html, legal and social situation in the field of social work.
What's next for Behind the Hat
- Collaboration with trustworthy local organizations in Slovakia and Czech Republic
- Automation of client site creation from csv file
- Scaling to more countries