Game over screen
What it does
Battlefield honor which brings players in unknown locations different of maps together and force them to fight for their survival.
How we built it
- Our game's frontend is developed in PhaserJS - a js framework which gives us the possibility to build HTML5 games with less stress. We use ReactJS for the game ui. We ensure a consistent state management through our game app with Redux and a good url management with React router
- Our game's backend is done with nodeJS which uses Colyseus to implement a powerful multiplayer game server.
- The sound, image assets from the game are all from various internet sources (All Open Source)
- The map of the game has been drawn using Tiled Map Editor - a powerful tool to draw game maps.
Challenges we ran into
- We had to make some decision on how populate data to the client, which could permit us to use heroku free their and yield a low latency in the server response
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- The movement of the player and its rotation according to the position of the mouse even while moving.
- Sound effects for the game (bullet firing) and the damping of the firing sound.
- The implementation of the HUD's to display the useful information about the player such as its health.
- The implementation of different Power-ups and special abilities that the player can have along the game.
- The score which shows how many players has been eliminated by a particular player.
What we learned
- How to develop with technologies that where new to us in a limited amount of time.
- Easily read a documentation and finding valuable resources from it without necessarily going to stack overflow..
- How to collaborate remotely with different person.
What's next for Battlefield honor
- Add limitations to number of player allowed per room in a precise map.
- A Menu system to help the player navigate along the game.
- The implementation of different weapons for the players to switch.
- Authentication for persistent players and those who want to keep their gained XP's and rewards. (primarily with Facebook).