Our Motivation

Our Hackathon Project evolved from 3️⃣ Motivations, we wanted to 🤫 Create a DAO infrastructure using ZKSnarks for trustless privacy in DAo discussions, 👨‍💻 develop the Backend in RUST & 👨‍⚖️ solve a Governance related Problem

All of our Motivations where met as we came up with the Idea of building AZERO CURATIONS

The Problem

🏛 DAOs and their Governance face a variety of Obstacles: ☠️ Lack of mechanisms to detect bad actors within a DAO 📊 No Behavioural Metrics to measure Communities feelings / opinions about certain Topics 📉 Low Governance Participation 🤑 Purely Financial based Incentivizations Structures 🤝 No Social Incentives for being a good Contributor

Furthermore, there are Problems which DAO Contributors & Members are facing. Those Problems can become a serious threat to DAOs, creating a negative energy among its Members ... we experienced this ourselves.

We believe being straightforward and brutally honest is the best way to improve and keep relationships healthy in the long-run. However, it is part of our human nature to avoid social discomfort exposing our honest opinion.

The Solution

With AZERO DOMAINS we created a

Fully anonymous Content Curation Platform, where DAO Members can post Content and curate it by voting it Up or Down on a Leaderboard_

Votes are anonymous trough use of LIMINAL by ALEPH ZERO, a combination of ZK-SNARKs and Secure Multiparty Computation (sMPC)

How We built it

Ideation and Concept Phase:

Who did it:

  • The whole Team together

How we did it: We basically sketched around with Pen and Paper until we had a rough Idea of the Architecture and how everything should work.

Frontend: Who did it:

  • Valerio Fichera
  • Felix xyzxyz

How we did it: Mostly the workflow looked like this: We first designed the UI and the User-Flow on FIGMA. After this we created ready-to-use Components that could be directly used when building a REACT Web Application. For the Wallet Integration we sticked with the Documentation of polkadot.js. After some adjustments we started to merge the Backend to the Frontend.

Backend:

Who did it:

  • Mohak Malhorta
  • Mehdi

How we did it: lorem ipsum lorem ipsum lorem ipsum lorem ipsum lorem ipsum lorem ipsum lorem ipsum lorem ipsum lorem ipsum lorem ipsum lorem ipsum lorem ipsum lorem ipsum lorem ipsum lorem ipsum lorem ipsum lorem ipsum lorem ipsum lorem ipsum lorem ipsum lorem ipsum lorem ipsum lorem ipsum lorem ipsum lorem ipsum lorem ipsum lorem ipsum lorem ipsum

Challenges we ran into

Terrible Hospitality & BAD ORGANIZATION - this might not be directly related to the Hackathon Project itself, but it constrained our productivity and just gave a bitter feeling about the Hackathon overall. Working on a Hackathon often means staying up all night - we got kicked out of the Venue at 7pm, in a quite rude way, considering further commuting and finding another place to work on a freezing dark night costed our Team HOURS, which is A LOT in a 24h Hackathon. Furthermore, it is a SCAM and super disrespectful to the Developers who devote their time/energy and even travel from other Countries, to charge them 5€ for a COLA its a Hackathon and not Tomorrowland ... there is a couple more things that made this for all of our Team the worst Hackathon experience ever. However, we take Challenges with open arms and kept coding anyway.

The Frontend was quite straightforward, sometimes things did not compile or went wrong because we mixed up Typescript with Javascript inside REACT.

Regarding the Backend we had the following obstacles:

Accomplishments that we are proud of

  • All the Logic and Mechanics in the Backend are coded directly in RUST
  • The Frontend runs smoothly and looks cool

What We learned:

  • Organize your Workspace well, work from where you know you will not be interrupted
  • Do not underestimate the workload of integrating the frontend with the backend.

What's next for AZERO CURATIONS:

Maybe we get rewarded with a Grant and it becomes a extensive Project, or Maybe it will just stay a beautiful memory of Hacking all night and making new friends ... the future will show.

Technically the logic next steps would be:

  • Taking care of all components we had to hard-code due to time-constraints at the hackathon
  • Taking care of the Frontend integration
  • Performance Improvements writing the Backend in RUST more efficiently
  • Building out a full Product Strategy
  • Adding more features and functionality
  • Taking care of everything else we wanted to build, but couldn't do due to time-constraints at the hackathon

Built With

Share this project:

Updates