People often have to worry about what combination of clothing to wear based on temperature, occasion, etc. This web application aims to automate that process and reduce people's worry.
What it does
1) Upload photos of clothing (shirts, pants) 2) The web app will recommend outfit combinations based on the season
How we built it
Front-end: HTML, CSS, Bootstrap
Back-end: Node, Expres, IBM Watson Visual API, Brain.js
Challenges we ran into
1) Dividing clothing into different categories (eg. shirts, pants, shorts)
2) Identify RGB colour values of clothing
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- IT WORKS.
What we learned
- Using the IBM Vision API to process images
- Using Brain.js
- How to let users upload, store and fetch photos.
What's next for Autonomous Wardrobe
1) Connect Autonomous Wardrobe to weather API and recommend outfits based on weather.
2) Connect Autonomous Wardrobe to a calendar and recommend outfits based on upcoming events.