We wanted to integrate the twilio API into a game to allow for some great audience participation!

What it does

It's a roguelike game with a procedurally generated level. Users can interact with the game via SMS to help, or hinder, the player.

Challenges we ran into

Using Git, we had constant merge conflicts and our changes rarely persisted. We lost a lot of progress and wasted a lot of time just fixing issues entirely caused by Git, and rewriting code we've already written.

Accomplishments that we're proud of

Proud of the framework that was set up. Roguelikes are notoriously data-driven, and hardcoding values everywhere would be very bad for extendability.

What we learned

That Unity & Git don't go well together!

Share this project: