- As students, we understand that a typical semester is often quite hectic and it may be easy to lose track of your tasks. Being able to collaborate with friends and keep one another on task was something that we found quite useful as well. This is especially useful during exam season, when students may feel lethargic/burnt out and need an extra push from their friends!
- We wanted to try designing this app with a space voyage theme, to foster camaraderie between peers and encourage them to support each other through the arduous exam season, like astronauts travelling together for missions on other worlds.
🔍 What it does
AstroLearners helps you keep track of your exam preparation tasks, all while collaborating with your friends.
🔧 How we built it
- Using dart, flutter and firebase.
🏃♂️ Challenges we ran into
- It was our first time using Dart, so using a totally new programming language was challenging.
- It was also our first time using Flutter, which had many new and unfamiliar components and implementations for us to learn.
🏅 Accomplishments that we're proud of
- We made our first flutter app!
- We managed to get the firebase to work with flutter!
🧠 What we learned
- Flutter isn’t able to use svg natively, so we had to download a package to use svg files
- Learn about state management in flutter and the similarities and differences between flutter state management and other frameworks such as react native
⏭️ What's next for AstroLearners
- We would like to refine our current features and make them more visually pleasing.
- We could also polish this application and launch it as a mobile app for Android and IOS
- Implement more database storage functions (storing, saving tasks from the database)
- Add other social features such as allowing users to request help from their "crewmates" so they can better prepare for the exams. Users should also be able to copy task lists from their crewmates so they can study the same materials for the exam. This provides users with better peer support for exam preparation.