From personal experience as amateur artists, we have found the need for a platform that focuses on what we, as artists, need to gain exposure within the art community and reach a proper audience for the same.
What it does
Provides a platform for artists to showcase their talent to a larger, more concentrated audience.
How we built it
We designed the prototype using Figma, which was later coded into an app using Java on Android Studio.
Challenges we ran into
- Choosing the right color palette to make sure the art posted stood out.
- Inculcating the proper UX by going through all possible navigation pathways.
- To make it memory efficient.
- Having no prior experience with app development, the overall implementation process was challenging.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- The entire prototype design, we personally think it is beautiful :)
- Figuring out Android Studio
- Getting an app up and running,
What we learned
- That designing is actually a significant part of app development, even though initially we didn't think it would be so hard.
- UI and UX that goes behind app development.
- The overall app development process.
- Hackathons let us know what to expect in a real world project implementation. They also give us a head start on developing our ideas
- How to come up with a problem statement and the solution for the same.
What's next for ARTsY
We are going to try to further develop the app with Google APIs and Firebase