We wanted to create art using computer algorithms to inspire today's artists.
What it does
Selects from a list of algorithms and, using some user-provided parameters, creates some cool mathematical art.
How we built it
We used HTML/CSS/JS to create a lightweight webapp.
Challenges we ran into
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Dropdown menu to select certain options.
- Creating a tree fractal with linear color interpolation.
What we learned
- Fractals are a lot more complex than they look.
- How to use the HTML5 Canvas feature.
What's next for ArtMath
- More unique and cooler types of computer art.
- Randomization of parameters.
- Improved Mondrian algorithm.