During this COVID 19, we saw a problem that there are limitations when people want to try new clothes in the Fitting room, it’s hard to imagine all the risks you can get while doing it. Because of that, most people buy their clothes through e-commerce, but new problems occur:
- How to measure their body for clothing size, what size they should buy is it M or is it L? It's really hard to decide!
- How to know whether or not the clothes that they’ll buy are going to match with their other outfit? “Will it fit? Will it look good for my body? Will it match my style?” That’s the question people ask nowadays
To answer that question we draw some memories from our childhood, a barbie outfit sticker game (https://www.amazon.in/Barbie-22303-Sticker-Stylist/dp/B006ZUUUA4) one that always been played by children.
What it does
You can try different kinds of t-shirt that we have prepare for you, and also add a hat if you like it. The t-shirt is resizeable using the pinch or from UI Slider, and you can also arrange the height position by tap-hold and move it up and down to make sure it fits your body. To change the hat design, just tap on the face to rotate between several hats designed that available.
How we built it
Challenges we ran into
There are 3 main challenges we ran in the process of development
- SparkAR not really support double UI Picker,
- SparkAR only track the face, it made the outfit position is not smooth, the addition of shoulder track can make the filters looks smoother in the future
- The guided instruction option is too limited for the full experience of AR-U-FIT, it will be great if we can have a full customized instruction to help the user explore the full feature of AR-U-FIT.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
We are proud to have a proof of concept of how the #VirtualOutfitting can be done using the help of SparkAR and Instagram Stories, we saw that this could be one of the Instagram filters that have high usability and great potential of future development in the fashion industry.
What we learned
We learned that there still many opportunities that can be explored in the AR industry, this filter can change the customer behavior and the future of the fashion industry especially during and after the COVID 19 era.
What's next for AR-U-FIT
First, we want the #VirtualOutfitting to become a new-normal in the fashion industry, then we want AR-U-FIT to drive changes in how the fashion product is being delivered to the customer in the future.