What inspired me to build this effect was the lack of equipment for science experiments in schools, especially here in Zambia. Students don't get any valuable hands-on experience with physics and chemistry experiments due to the lack of electronics kits and chemistry sets. This AR effect aims to solve that problem by providing a way for students to build electric circuits without an electronics kit.

What it does

AR Circuit is an interactive educational effect that helps students learn about and experiment with electric circuits in augmented reality. Students can connect components to a wired circuit board and try out different component arrangements and combinations.

What can students use this effect for?:

  1. Students can use this effect to see what happens when electronic components are connected in series and what happens when they are connected in parallel.

  2. Students can use this effect to see how different materials affect the flow of electricity in a circuit by experimenting with different conductors and insulators, more features coming soon.


  1. Tap on an electric component to select it
  2. Tap on an empty slot on the circuit board to place the component

How I built it

This effect was built with Spark AR Studio and Blender. I used Blender to create the 3D objects and imported them in Spark AR Studio. I used the patch editor in Spark AR studio to add all the touch events and used JavaScript to add the logic.

Challenges I ran into

Trying to come up with ideas that would work with the current limitations of Spark AR.

Accomplishments that I'm proud of

I was able to build something that can help students who don't have access to electric circuit components to get hands-on experience with electric circuits.

What I learned

I learned how to use Spark AR to build effects and learned how to use Blender to create 3D models.

What's next for AR Circuit

Next, I plan to add more electric components such as resistors and motors and also add the ability to measure voltage and current.

Built With

Share this project: