A high rate of employment and fewer highly skilled job-seekers have led to greater difficulty in identifying candidates for roles. 62% of recruiters say that their job is more difficult today than one year ago, and 67% claim a higher rate of difficulty than five years ago.
According to the report, suggested by Monster it is likely that recruiters who embrace data and analytics will be more successful than those who do not. The report states that 70% of recruiters say their organisation is keeping up digitally. It’s important for recruiters to pay attention to the changing trends within the industry, and of course, to act accordingly.
Therefore, recruiting new talent isn’t just time-consuming and challenging, it requires a different approach given the current age of competition and technological availability, where the recruiters should get the top talent that their organisation demands as well as make sure that the candidates are being able to apply to and have a correspondence at all the job listings they qualify for and desire. Thus, making recruiting is a two-way street. The recruiters need to sell their job well and make sure the communication they strike with the candidate is followed up on efficiently and without bias.
What it does
Apply By AI provides a unique solution to the manual recruitment process. It can help you through the interview system. Our goal is to bring an objective and diverse approach to a previously subjective recruitment process. We recognise the need for organisations to make data-backed hiring decisions and limit biases in their recruiting processes.
Our solution aims to solve the following problems in a unique and innovative manner:
1. Automates tasks where they can be automated: According to a survey of talent acquisition leaders, 50% of them agreed that the most difficult part of recruitment was identifying the right candidate from a large applicant pool. Resume screening has always been an integral step in short-listing candidates. One recent report shows that 93% of the recruiters still rely on resumes to find good candidates. Industry stats, however, show that around 75-88% of the resumes received for an open job requirement are unqualified or not strong enough to move forward with a recruitment process. Since most recruiters are very busy people, automating the tedious, time-consuming tasks such as resume screening can not only help save time but also provide better results. By coupling hybrid filtering with the use of an AI-driven chat bot, the proposed solution can not only remove heaps of these mundane tasks but also provide a better means of candidate sourcing, screening and shortlisting.
2. Reduces bias in judgments: Ensuring that our judgments are not clouded by any bias is crucial when finding right candidate for a job. Using content-based and collaborative filtering methods, the proposed AI-based solution ensures that recommendations are free from any bias.
3. Helps find the right candidate: By analyzing a person’s online presence, we make predictions about how likely is he/she to accept a job and what roles he/she might be interested in. We also analyze the profiles of candidates who have already started a job within the company for collaborative filtering. By combining all the available information, we identify candidates with similar personalities and skills and further decipher which candidates might be interested in certain roles and thus directly target relevant job adverts at them.
- Resume Generator.
- Job Recommendation System using hybrid filtering.
- Skill-based filtering system.
- AI ChatBot for skills and personality analysis.
- Messenger for connecting applicants and recruiters.
- A secure peer-to-peer video conferencing system for interviews
How we built it
We provide a solution where recruiters can post their job description with all the necessary details and advertise their organization and its job listings and the candidates can apply to them by uploading their resume consisting of skills, past work experiences and qualifications. And our system will recommend the best candidates to the organization with an efficient process of analysis and testing which will unfold in 3 phases.
Phase 1: Resume screening: A candidate can apply to a job of their liking, and on the basis of analyzing their resume, our system will check if the skills and experience possessed by the candidate is in line with the requirements of the organization and shortlist an intermediate pool of candidates.
Phase 2: Interview with Chatbot: Understandably this pool might also be too large to submit to the organization, hence the shortlisted candidates will then have to answer a few questions by interacting with our system’s chat bot. Using natural language processing, our system will measure the accuracy of the answers and analyze the candidates personality traits and assign them scores. On the basis of a threshold, a final pool of selected candidates will be given to the organization.
Phase 3: Online/Video Interview: The organization will be able to interact with these final candidates via a video call service that our system will provide and on the basis of their specific needs, the organization can recruit their picks.
Challenges we ran into
- Designing the flow of the application
- Integrating various parts of the application
- Lack of prior research regarding recruitment automation
- Security Challenges for protecting data
Accomplishments that we're proud of
Saves Precious Time - Reduces pre-screening efforts and need for in person interviews.
Fast and Relevant - It filters candidates based on hard as well as soft skills using hybrid filtering (both content as well as collaborative filtering)
Reduces Bias in Judgements - All candidates go through the same screening and AI is used to gauge their skills and personality
Helps find the right candidate - Candidates are shown jobs according to their skill-sets increasing the likelihood of companies finding the right candidate.
What's next for Apply By AI
Converting the web-application to a native application as well is the future scope of our application. Having said that, our web-application is fully web-responsive and supports all browsers.