AngularJS directives for Google Maps
With the minor release of 1.2.0 (which is why it is a minor) there are a few breaking changes:
- all directives are now restricted to
EAsee here and search for 'restrict'
- marker directive now requires the attribute
idkeyto be defined and it is not optional like markers or windows. This is to prevent unnecessary redraws.
If I have forgotten anything then it can be added here or to the website branch which is responsible for... the website. Feel free to contribute and make pull requests to either.
2.0.0 will introduced major changes:
- ui-gmap namespace which will be appended to all directives, services, and factories.
- The main goal for this is to decrease conflicts with external libraries. The other major reason for this is to not conflict with svg definitions like polygon or marker.
- GoogleMapAPI: Is Provider and a Promise at the same time. This allows you to load the Google Maps SDK asynchronously into the DOM. The provider itself is a promise when passed off to the controller. Thefore the API (google and angular-google-maps) is ready on GoogleMapApi.then callback. If your getting nulls on controllers or nulls on google maps objects then this is because you are trying to access things prior to them being initialized. For more details read the website and dig into the code base. Also if your having issues with GoogleMapAPI search closed issues as a lot has been asked about these issues on several closed tickets. Search issues, gitter, and the google plus community!
- Promise Object - Bluebirdjs is a required dependency now (unless your using Chrome/Safari webkit , however even then nothing is garunteed). This is why you can get errors such as Promise.resolve or .defer or etc .. undefined.
This is a directive for AngularJS
If you plan to hack on the directives or want to run the example, first thing to do is to install NPM dependencies:
npm install #note bower install is run on post install
To build the library after you made changes, simply run grunt:
If you get errors from
jshint, just add the
Running the example
To run the example page, just run
and open your browser on
The various directives are documented at official site.
Filing issues: Prior to submiting an issue:
- Search open/closed issues, src examples (./examples), gitter, and then google plus community! Again please search!
- issues w/ plnkrs get attention quicker
Pull requests more than welcome! If you're adding new features, it would be appreciated if you would provide some docs about the feature. This can be done either by adding a card to our Trello board, forking the website branch and issuing a PR with the updated documentation page, or by opening an issue for us to add the documentation to the site.
Branching Model w Git Flow We are trying to follow the git flow branching model where all bugs that are considered urgent / patches will be pull requested against master. If the PR (pull request) is an improvement and a non urgent fix it will go towards develop which is the working(SNAPSHOT) next version of what master will be.
When patches and bugs are rolled into master they will be immediatley rolled into develop as well. Where the flow is PR(bug fix) -> merge master -> merge develop .