The project with all of it's components
I wanted to make the Lego android move because I thought it would be cool
What it does
You use the joystick to turn the android's head towards a flower that is spinning.
How I built it
I used an ardunio to program the joystick. Then I found the maximum range for the x and y inputs in order to find the maximum distance. With that I made a ratio with 180 to find the degree the android's head should turn to. After that I made the DC motors turn according to the x coordinate of the joystick.
Challenges I ran into
For a while I couldn't get the motors to work but the program was returning the checks that I put into the main code as well as reasonable values.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
I'm proud of getting it all to work at the same time, half of the night was spent trying to figure out why parts that did work didn't work anymore.
What I learned
I learned how to print to the Serial port and how to set a different ardunio type to be uploaded to. I also got a lot of practice debugging with hardware and software. Finally, I practiced being resourceful and making my own parts.
What's next for Android Fan
I would get more powerful motors so that I can make the android move the way I originally planned!