Google analytics in real life
Analyticat was built during the StirHack 2017 MLH event, over the course of 24 hours.
What is Analyticat designed to do?
- Register IoT video sources to gain analytics about your customers; including:
- a measure of recurring customers on an individual, but anonymous level, using AWS-powered facial recognition (you will not be able to track individual customers)
- estimate demographics including gender, age etc.
- View analytics in a clean dashboard. You can view analytics over various discrete timesteps (hours, days, weeks, etc.) for your registered video sources (or groups thereof).
- Utilise our own REST API so that you can use your own analytics data for something more unique!
- The analyticat.net frontend mockup is available to view.
- Our REST API is somewhere in the region of 50% finished:
- emotional and sentiment analysis of people in uploaded images
- check similarity between two people in uploaded images
- not finished:
- demographic analysis (age, gender, etc.)
- coordination and interfacing between the IoT layer, the front end and our AWS MySQL database
- We currently have a camera watcher which continually watches over the default camera - whenever a face is detected the image is saved (but would be uploaded via our REST API upon completion).