Our application, the Amoeboy, is a callback to our fond memories of playing with a Gameboy or Tamagotchi. Our Amoeboy will feature your personal NFTs and provide extra fun and utility to your collection.
What it does
Once you've installed the Amoeboy, you can link your NFT collection and pick one to use. Once connected, you can begin interacting with your new friend in unique and fun ways. The Amoeboy data is stored locally - so no blockchain writing or metadata access is needed.
How we built it
Joey and I got together and discussed the initial idea and design. Since then, we've iterated over and over, often from the ground up, trying to emulate the classic Gameboy feel. We've also been working with our community to get fresh insight and ideas.
Challenges we ran into
- What we have is our 4th iteration. The design has changed quite a bit since v1. The progress we've made has been incredible!
- This project is our introduction to the crypto community, and we are happy to be developers in this growing space. In this early stage of development, we have found that building a community is a complicated process.
- This being our first Solana and crypto project, we've had to pivot several times and go through some paradigm shifts in order to get the Amoeboy working just right - for example, decoding the metadata for an NFT.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
We're proud of what we've been able to achieve. Additionally, we're glad to have made new friends along the way. Our community consists of ~750 members, and we are growing!
What we learned
Despite our inexperience, everyone has been very welcoming and helpful. It's really different from our other experiences. This journey has taught us a lot about web3 and crypto development, such as learning how to build Solana contracts and learning about borsh serialization.
What's next for Amoeboy
- Finish and polish.
- Get it approved on the chrome store.
- Release it to our community and the Solana space at large.
- Build a community-driven cosmetic store, so users can customize their Amoeboy.
- Add cross-blockchain support like Ethereum, Cardano, Algorand, and many more.
- Port it to other devices.
Log in or sign up for Devpost to join the conversation.