- Marianna Mazzucato: Mission-Oriented Research & Innovation in the European Union, The Value of Everything.
- Steven Kotler, Peter H. Diamandis, et al.: Abundance, Bold.
- Andreas M. Antonopoulos: The Internet of Money.
- Jeremy Rifkin: The Third Industrial Revolution, The Green New Deal.
- Bohdan Hawrylyshyn: Towards More Effective Societies, Declaration of Human Responsibilities.
We are excited to become the SDG platform where business and citizens cooperate effectively.
What it does
AMO CITY unites businesses and their clients in a cashback app to fight coronavirus and its economic implications. We solve three key problems:
- Helping people make extra savings.
- Digitise SMEs (and help them survive the economic recession that is coming).
- Direct funds to relief and community funds.
How it works:
- Clients receive cashback for purchases via AMO CITY app.
- 30% of the cashback goes to local causes that respond to COVID-19 threat.
- Non-profits report on their impact.
How we built it
- We have built v.1 with Laravel, Flutter and NodeJS.
- We are relying on 1С, SAP, and Poster for integrating with offline shops.
- We used Balsamiq for wireframes of v.2.
- We will connect to AdmitAd and Obanky API to quickly scale and connect businesses online.
- We are looking to connect a combination of private and public blockchains to enable transparency and audibility of cashback transactions and non-profits' reporting (ie. Settlemint; GivEth on Ethereum; Hyperledger).
Challenges we ran into
- We had to think over cashback flow through the app to comply with legislations.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- We are proud to have a working product known in Ukraine.
- Over the weekend, we talked to mentors and revised the part related to challenges; also, the wireframes.
- We made partnerships and now are looking forward to implement the v.2 and scale it in the EU asap.
What we learned
- other exciting companies we could connect with;
- new tools to utilize in future.
What's next for AMO CITY - cashback for SDGs
- Notably, AMO CITY is valuable both during the crisis and after it; we are building a socially driven business for the next decade;
- We now require only between EUR 20,000-28,000 to implement the technical side of v.2 and bring it to the market;
- We are open for grants/loans/investments.
Log in or sign up for Devpost to join the conversation.