Synchronized queue with multiple users (Lol and iPhone 8 Plus are 2 different phones)
With the increasing use of Alexa and other smarthome devices, people have been using them for streaming music more and more. When entertaining guests, why not share control of that device?
What it does
Allows you to add songs to a shared queue and vote on which songs will be played.
How we built it
- Frontend iOS app using Swift
- Spotify and Alexa used for streaming music.
Challenges we ran into
- Integrating backend with frontend
- Synchronizing database with Alexa music queue and Spotify
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Making it work
- Using CosmosDB
- A cool backend using Azure
What we learned
- CosmosDB integration
- Front-end/Back-end sync
- Azure functions
What's next for AlexaQ
- Support more than Spotify
- Support more devices.