Many people invest in stocks and securities without knowing much about it. Alexa Portfolio Manager is a beginner investor's guide to managing their portfolio and getting best details for stock information, trends and charts.
What it does
You can ask it about multiple things:
- Performance of stocks through Aladdin API
- Your current investments
- Chart for any stock (Plotly + Aladdin)
- Addition of investment to portfolio
How we built it
- NodeJS and Python backend. HTML5 front-end web application for displaying graphs.
Challenges we ran into
- Refreshing the webpage automatically based on Alexa's speech was a bit hard. We had to create two servers and use socket.io for real-time refreshing and rendering of charts.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- None of us had ever worked with Alexa or Aladdin API before. Learning it from scratch and connecting it to a web-app is what we're proud of.
What we learned
- Working with different APIs and technologies.
What's next for Alexa Portfolio Manager
- Doing technical and fundamental analysis. Using machine learning to predict best performing stocks.