Inspiring workshop by Jonathan Frederik Sippel.
What it does
Detect web pages that might contain fake news.
How we built it
Chrome extension that sends metadata about the visited site to an API running in the IBM Cloud. Data is checked against several threat intelligence engines. This includes OSINT Threat Intelligence, Google NLP and others.
Challenges we ran into
- Insufficient number of power plugs on the high-tables
- Deployment of SSL secured Docker instance in the IBM Cloud
- Debugging Chrome extensions ## Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Positive attitude towards coding
- Discipline and team work
- Fighting the fake news and contributing to the cause ## What we learned
- How to use the IBM Cloud
- Working in a team with short time constraints
- To much sweets give stomach ache ## What's next for Aletheia Implement better ML based on more data