We wouldn't be where we are without our teachers. We've had a history teacher who acted out famous historical figures and physics teachers who encouraged us to fact-check movies we watched — teachers have brought our educational experiences to life. Not everyone has the opportunity to be exposed to high-quality, personalized, and empathetic education. We hope to recreate this experience for those who aren't fortunate enough to experience it.
With AISTOTLE, we wanted to do just that for as many people as we could. Imagine sitting in a classroom with the greatest teachers on YouTube. A classroom of size one: you!
What you can do with AiSTOTLE
- Pause a video and ask a question, practice with relevant problems, or simply wonder out loud
- Get answers from the voice of the YouTuber using the latest AI voice technology
- Receive personalized feedback and recommendations for other videos to watch
How we built it
We made AiSTOTLE by tapping into and reflecting on our own educational experiences, starting with a vision first followed by specs and features.
- Multi-agent Retrieval Augmented Generation (RAG) Large Language Model (LLM) to create a seamless conversation experience with smart recommendations
- Dynamic cloud-based caching system for video, audio, and image with Google Cloud
Challenges we ran into
- A surprising number of issues with Photoshop and Illustrator
- Debugging various chrome extension issues at 4am!
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Making a product that we really love (along with many friends asking for when they can use it)
- Contributing back to education, something that we really care about
What we learned
- Learning from each other's strengths (and realizing that many of our weaknesses are strengths!)
- ..and a lot of Photoshop and Illustrator
What's next for AiSTOTLE
- Launch on the Chrome Webstore
- Add a feature that helps students upload their work to get help spotting any misunderstandings of fundamental concepts
Discords: Jin#2028, shivamkak, tharun.tk, chirayu_n