Does your laptop lack a touchscreen? That's okay! Too lazy to go closer to your laptop? We are too!
What it does
Air Control allows you to control the computer's mouse with gestures
How we built it
Air control uses contour mapping in opencv library to find the set of all points having same color or intensity. Tracking the movement of a finger is an important feature of many computer vision applications.
In this application, we capture the background and then create a mask to remove all traces of the background to prevent background disturbances.
Challenges we ran into
- Background disturbances
- unstable center of contour(unresolved)
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- almost complete integration of all mouse functions with hand gestures
What we learned
- usage of opencv: background reduction, contour detection
- usage of pyautogui to control mouse events
What's next for Air Control
- fixing stability issues
- integrating an onscreen keyboard