In Africa, culture is disappearing, because of its non-valuation. Our cultures are in the shadows and it's less known to the outside world. While we have our own values and a lot to share with the rest of the world.
What it does
Today, we are witnessing the emergence of decentralized technologies, especially blockchain.
One of those technologies that marks our minds is the COSMOS environment. Due to its speed in the execution of transactions and its interoperability
In this era that is opening up where the face of networking has to change to give way to the virtual world (METAVERSE), we want to set up an NFT marketplace where artists from all over Africa will come to express themselves. Musicians, painters ...
This marketplace will be the place where we will sell and buy African arts with cryptocurrencies and with Fiat currencies.
Subsequently, we will use these different arts to integrate them into a metaverse.
Our goal is to take full advantage of COSMOS technology, to be its ambassadors here in Côte d'Ivoire and throughout Africa.
How we built it
We have chosen an implementation via evmos to be able to benefit from the cosmos SDK technology while reaching the greatest number of users via the interface with Metamask.
Because the NFT app is an immediate consumer app, using high-use adoption routes is important to us.
We implemented our solution using cosmos technology,
- Specifically “EVMOS”, due to its high-throughput Proof-of-Stake blockchain
- The solidity language for writing the Smart contract ERC-721 & ERC-20
- web3JS to integrate the smart contract in the dApp
- IPFS implemented in adonis js for file storage
- evmos faucet to get photon
metamask to interact with evmos network and pay gas fees
Challenges we ran into
- Learn Evmos platform in just one week,
- Deployment challenge due to an evmos RPC issue
- Plateforme designing
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Make interaction with this cool community
- Contribute to making something that can be a place to make artists profit from their art
- Contribute to the development of Evmos
- Offer a showcase of African artwork to the rest of the world
What we learned
- Cosmos environment
- The possibility to make Interoperability with cosmos
- Evmosd & Wasmd
What's next for African Art
- Make advertising to make share African Art across all the world
- Create Metaverse to make usable this NFT in a virtual world
- recruit other developers
- Regulate the legal status and install ourselves as a company specializing in blockchain development on the Cosmos environments