In the aftermath of a devastating car accident, recovery may seem like a long and fruitless journey. You’re not alone, however; many inspiring individuals have managed not only to survive, but also thrive after suffering horrific injuries.
What it does
Accidento is a web application, where people from all over the world can have an insight, where the accident occurred recently.
- It displays the accidents occurred in major places
- It displays the entire summary of the accident
How we built it
Challenges we ran into
- The vizualization of map took very long time that expected.
- Extraction of geolocations from the rendered article also took a very long time.
The portal is primarily a django based application, and to set it up we require to have python environment with django and other project dependencies installed. Though one can work with the project without an virtual environment, it is recommended to use one so as to avoid conflicts with other projects.
- Make sure that you have
- Clone the repository
$ git clone https://github.com/TechieNK/Defender.git $ cd Defender
- Create a python 3 virtualenv, and activate the environment.
bash $ virtualenv -p python3 $ source bin/activate
- Install the project dependencies
$ pip install -r requirements.txt### After Setting Up From now when you start your work, run
source bin/activateinside the project repository and you can work with the django application as usual -
python manage.py migrate- set up database
python manage.py createsuperuser- create admin user
python manage.py runserver- run the project locally
Accomplishments that we're proud of
What we learned
## What's next for Accidento
- Planned to develop mobile application that would give a user-friendly experience.
- Improvising the Extraction and Vizualisation part.
- Planned to develop a module, whenever the accident happened the information would be passed to the nearby hospitals.