- To catch a train/bus in cities like Mumbai is always a tough affair with them being late most of the time.
- Also there doesn't exist a solution for viewing the live status of the public transport.
- This is where TravelEasy comes along, as the name suggests, it makes your travelling easy!
What it does
A Web App which can track real-time location of more than 1 bus/train at a time.
- Easy to use, just enter your source station and destination station and it gives you the location of the public transport.
- Cross platform (Works on Android, iOS, Windows, etc. as it's a PWA)
How I built it
- Implemented using HERE Maps API.
- Data for buses and trains was scraped from different websites using Python.
- The map interface was built using HERE Map Tile API.
Challenges I ran into
- Going through the vast documentation for the various APIs.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
- Learnt to handle more responsibility as one of my teammates was sick and couldn't make it
What I learned
- Reading through the documentation and implementing the API into our usecase.