The passing of Kobe Bryant has made us realized that not everyone has the ability to physically go and send their best wishes to their families and friends. For those who passed away, we want to provide a platform that allows families and friends to honor and share memories of their lost ones.
What it does
A web app where you can share memories of a deceased whom you care on a personalized website. Invite friends and family to leave tributes, add stories, pictures and music.
How we built it
We built it using flask, React, python.
Challenges we ran into
- Learn using SQLAlchemy for the first time so was stuck on some bugs for awhile
- Something went wrong in the virtual environment so it took us awhile trying to fix it
- Setting up PostgreSQL with flask causes major trouble and time lost
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Implementing this idea in 24 hours
- Had a few problems in between but work out successfully in the end
What we learned
- Learned how to use SQLAlchemy
- Had a better understanding of how relational database works
- Learn flask
What's next for A Life Remembered
- Ability to create users for this app
- Provide the option to set privacy for the deceased so that it can only be shared only by family members instead of the public