sid's school website
We set out to build a project with no social purpose, no greater meaning, and no functionality except to degrade user experience. Our modus operandi? Making every website you visit incredibly ugly and essentially unreadable. Who doesn't need more Geocities in their life?
What it does
How we built it
Challenges we ran into
Many times we stopped and thought, "is this a waste of time?" Without fail, the answer was "yes, but it's fun."
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Gave mentors headaches
- Successfully utilized dancingbaby.gif
- Appeased the elder gods of tacky design
What we learned
The real devpost submission was the friends we made along the way.
What's next for 90s Web
It's far from done - we're going to continue working on it until it works on every website (some websites' html/css are incompatible and we do not know why) and to make the most authentic 90's user experience.
Is this all a big joke to you?
Sort of, but so is life. So.
How to try it out
- Download the 90sweb-sundayfinal.zip file from the GitHub or Dropbox link, or from the attached file
- Unzip it
- Open chrome://extensions/
- Drag the whole folder into the Chrome Extensions window (make sure "enabled" is checked)
- Navigate to your favorite websites
- Have Tylenol on hand for eye strain headaches